What are groups?
Groups are a collection of students. Creating groups allows you to view group stats and compare how different groups of students are performing.
In group stats, you’ll see:
Total number of students in your group
Average score of students in your group
The number of questions answered out of the total question bank
Subject insights for every subject in your exam. You can switch between a group distribution chart and a sorted bar graph of individual scores.
When you set up your organization’s Instructor Dashboard a group will automatically be created with the exam name, or the group name you choose in the setup process.
A group will also be automatically created for each additional Admin or Instructor you add into the Instructor Dashboard. You will find groups under the “Settings” view from the top banner in the Dashboard. Scroll down to My Groups area. The system created groups will be under the Organization Groups tab. By default, the Exam Name group will show up on the left page of the “Stats” tab. The system created groups, for each additional admin or instructor you invite, will be hidden by default. You can choose to Hide/Show any of these groups on the left page of the “Stats” tab.
Before you get started, ensure you are on the "Stats" view of the dashboard:
1. Navigate to the left side of the page and select the “+” in the “groups” area
2. Select “Create New Group” from the drop down menu
3. A new tab will appear on the right side of your screen. From here, you can name your group, select the exam prep the students of your group are using, and set your permissions for who can use and/or edit your group. Once you're finished, select the “Add Students'' button on the bottom of the tab.
4. Select the students you’d like to include in the group. When you’re finished, select the “Preview group” button.
5. You’ll be presented with a preview of your group. If everything looks correct, select the “Add Group” button. Your group will now be added to the “Groups” view on the left side of your screen.
Pro tip: You can also create groups from the “Settings” view. Simply scroll down to the "My Groups" area, select "+ Add New Group", and follow the same steps as above. Once the invite(s) are sent we will send out reminder emails on day 2, 3, 4, 7 and 2 weeks after the original invite.